At Greyfriars we provide a creative and inclusive curriculum that is underpinned by our vision, aims and values and focuses on all children ‘ACHIEVING, CARING & ENJOYING’
Every state funded school must offer a curriculum which is balanced and broadly based and which:
- promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society
- prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experience of later life
Our school curriculum encompasses the values, knowledge, skills and understanding that the children need to make the most of life’s opportunities and deal effectively with challenges.
Science and our foundation subjects are based on the Chris Quigley approach, see our curriculum model for more information.
At Greyfriars we aim to create a Curriculum that:
- Inspires, motivates, excites and engages children in their learning
- Provides purposeful thematic opportunities for enquiry based learning
- Encourages and responds to pupils own interests and enquiry
- Raises aspirations; provides challenges and develops a ‘can do’ attitude
- Develops excellent numeracy and literacy skills within meaningful contexts
- Provides opportunities and strategies to practise and consolidate learning
- Uses effective assessment and teacher responses to enable progress and deepen learning
- Provides a range of computing resources and focused opportunities to develop e-skills, e-safety and independence
- Develops emotional well-being, self-regulation and positive social interaction
- Develops caring individuals who appreciate and contribute to the school and broader communities
We regularly review our curriculum to meet our context and the needs of our children. Please continue to check for updates!
Also, keep an eye on our class blog pages to see our learning in action!