Autumn is here but we’re still loving being outside!
I hope you all have had a great week. I thought I would share our planning form so you can see a little bit of what your children have been up too this week. Remember that you can find this – and more information on Tapestry.
I mentioned this last week but thought I would put it up a second time in case anyone missed it… Things to remember:
- All children are entitled to a free hot dinner at lunchtime (they really are tasty!) so need need to prepare a packed lunch.
- Snack, milk and water will be provided for your child during the morning so you won’t need to bring these along with you in the mornings.
- As the weather changes, please make sure your child has a warm waterproof coat with a hood. We love spending lots of time outdoors and don’t want to let the rain stop our learning.
Communication and Language
We will be learning the meaning and BSL actions for the following words:
- Go – https://www.signbsl.com/sign/you
- The – https://www.signbsl.com/sign/me
- To – https://www.signbsl.com/sign/he
- Into – https://www.signbsl.com/sign/she
We will be practising our listening and attention. You could use the game below to help your child.
Personal, Social and Emotional
This week we are going to continue to talk about our feelings and how our actions might change the feelings of others. We’re working on being kind to friends and sharing our learning resources.
In Phonics we will be learning the sounds c, k, ck, and e.
We’ve been learning to count to 5 this week. Fortunately, there are plenty of nursey rhymes and songs with 5 in the title. Here are some you could sing and finger count with your children.
Understanding the World
This week we are still exploring maps of our school, town, country and world this week. I have attached a copy of the images in a file below.
We’re going to extend this by creating our own maps of the school and town.
Expressive Arts and Design
As we are focusing on the changes of the seasons, we will be learning the song below.
I hope you have a fantastic week.